The Craziest NBA Records
We recently counted down 15 of the most amazing NBA records, including crazy feats like Steve Nash's insane 90.42% career free throw percentage (out of the 3,360 free Nash attempted in his career, he only missed 322 of them) and Michael Jordan leading the NBA in scoring when he averaged over 28 points a game at the age of 35. But believe it or not, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Here are even more crazy NBA records for your mind to boggle over. Some of these are crazy because of simply how amazing they are, and some of them surprise you because of the person that holds the record. Make sure you watch our Craziest NBA Records video to see more outrageous records.
- Most points in a half
59 by Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Warriors (vs. New York Knicks) on March 2, 1962
Obviously, this was also the night he scored 100 points in a game
- Most 3-point field goals attempted in a game 22 by J. R. Smith, New York Knicks (at Miami Heat) on April 6, 2014 I'm just going to be honest. I am not surprised that J.R. Smith holds the record for most attempts at any sort of shot. However, he made 10 out of the 22 shots. Not bad.
- Most consecutive 3-point field goals made to start a game 10 by Ty Lawson, Denver Nuggets (vs. Minnesota Timberwolves) on April 9, 2011 (He made 10 out of 11)
- Highest blocks per game average 5.56 by Mark Eaton, 1984–85 Admit it, this one surprised you.
- Youngest player to score 50+ points in a game Brandon Jennings scored 55 points for the Milwaukee Bucks against the Golden State Warriors at the age of 20 years, 52 days on November 14, 2009. It was only his 7th game, the NBA record for the quickest to have 50 points in a game. He did not score in the 1st quarter.
- Most points in a half - team 107 by the Phoenix Suns vs. the Denver Nuggets on November 10, 1990
- Fewest points in a game - team 49 by the Chicago Bulls vs. the Miami Heat on April 10, 1999
- Most Franchises played for Chucky Brown, Jim Jackson, Tony Massenburg, and Joe Smith all played for 12 different franchises
- Only player to score 15+ points in every game - Playoffs (min. 25 games) Michael Jordan (179 games)
- Most minutes played in a game without a turnover - NBA Finals 59 by Dan Majerle, Phoenix Suns (at Chicago Bulls) on June 13, 1993 (3 OT)
- Only player to score 20+ points in all games - Finals (min. 15 games) Michael Jordan (35 games)
- Most Playoff appearances without a Finals appearance 20 by the Denver Nuggets
- Most Playoff appearances without a title 28 by the Phoenix Suns *cough*2007*cough*rigged*cough*
- Most seasons without a Playoff appearance 35 by the Golden State Warriors